- To make the nougat place all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until the mixture comes together. Line a 20cm x 28cm brownie tin with greaseproof paper and press the mixture into the tin. Place it in the freezer while you make the banana caramel.
- Blend the dates until they form a paste, then add the banana and blend until a smooth caramel is formed. Take the tin out of the freezer and spread the caramel over the base. Return it to the freezer.
- Make up the chocolate by melting the coconut oil in a bain-marie or in a glass bowl placed above a pan of simmering water. Once melted, add all the other ingredients and stir until you have a nice smooth consistency.
- Pour the chocolate over the other two layers and leave to set in the freezer for at least an hour.
- Remove the banoffee slab from the freezer at least 10 minutes before slicing to prevent it from cracking. Dust with cacao powder and serve topped with banana slices.
Find more naturally sweet desserts in Livia’s Kitchen by Olivia Wollenberg (Ebury, £20) penguin.co.uk