Crunchy, zingy and altogether yummy, these mini apricot coconut tartlets are the perfect Great British Bake Off viewing treat!
Take a look at the health-conscious recipe from Vita Coco here. Enjoy!
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- Put the oats, chopped walnuts, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla into a mixing bowl and combine.
- Press the mixture firmly into the tartlet tins (bottom and sides) and put in the oven to bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Once golden, remove the tins from the oven and transfer onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before removing from the tins.Method For the Filling
- Put the milk and apricots into a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a small saucepan along with the maple syrup.
- Place over medium heat and once the mixture starts to warm add in the cornstarch and agar powder.
- Once the mixture starts to bring to the boil, keep whisking for a minute or two, until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Remove from the heat and fill each of the tarts. Refrigerate and allow to set.
- If you have any excess filling, pour into a ramekin and allow to set.
- Serve the tarts with coconut yoghurt, fresh apricot and extra walnuts if desired.