- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4.
- Cook the pasta in a large, non-stick saucepan of boiling water, according to the instructions on the packet, until it’s tender but still retains a little bite (al dente). Drain well in a colander.
- Meanwhile, cook the onion and garlic in the stock in a large, non-stick pan until softened. Stir in the minced beef and cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the passata, sweetener and basil and mix well. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- While the mince is cooking, make the white sauce. Blend the cornflour and a little of the milk together. Heat the remaining milk in a non-stick pan and bring to the boil. Stir the hot milk into the cornflour mixture and return to the pan. Heat gently, stirring all the time, until it thickens. Remove from the heat and then stir in the fromage frais, ground nutmeg and beaten egg. Season with black pepper.
- Cover the base of an ovenproof dish with half of the cooked pasta. Spoon the meat mixture over the pasta and then cover with the remaining pasta. Pour the white sauce over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes, until bubbling and golden brown. Serve immediately with a crisp salad.
This recipe has been created for the LighterLife® Fast diet plan. The LighterLife Fast® range is available exclusively in Superdrug stores, for more information visit www.lighterlifefast.com.