- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Spread out the sweet potatoes in the prepared tray. Drizzle with one tablespoon of the olive oil and the honey (or maple syrup), and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Bake for 35 minutes, until soft and golden.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and fry the onion for 1–2 minutes. Add the broccoli and continue to cook for 5–10 minutes, until it begins to soften but still has a bite to it (the time depends on the size of your broccoli stalks). Remove from the heat.
- Place the hazelnuts in another baking tray and roast for 8–10 minutes, until golden and fragrant.
- Meanwhile, put all the dressing ingredients into a lidded jar and shake well, or whisk in a small bowl.
- Place the rocket in a large serving bowl. Add the broccoli mixture, the roasted sweet potato, beetroot and goat’s cheese. Pour the dressing on top, toss together gently and sprinkle with the toasted hazelnuts and pomegranate seeds.
Beetroot is brimming with goodness – being a good source of folic acid which helps the body to form red blood cells, as well as potassium to help lower blood pressure.
To find out more about Dr Hazel Wallace, visit her website.