- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/ Gas 6.
- Place the aubergine halves on a baking tray and cook for 15 minutes until softened. Allow to cool for 5 minutes then scoop out a little of the centre to make space for the filling.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and fry the shallots, garlic and carrots for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add the cinnamon and allspice and cook for 1-2 more minutes. Stir in the harissa paste, peppercorns and vegetable stock and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Spoon the vegetable and spice mixture over the aubergine halves. Sprinkle over the pumpkin seeds, the falafel pieces and the feta and bake for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle over the pomegranate seeds and parsley just before serving.
Why not use the aubergine flesh that you remove from the shells to make a dip? Combine with a drizzle of olive oil and crushed garlic, lemon zest and juice, chopped coriander and black pepper to taste